beefsteak n : a slice of beef usually cooked by broiling
- Italian: bistecca
- Russian: бифштекс
- Spanish: bistec, bife
The word Beefsteak has several meanings:
- A steak cut from beef cattle.
- Beefsteak plant, also known as perilla and shiso.
- Beefsteak (tomato), a name give to a category of large meaty tomatoes.
- Beefsteak fungus
- Beefsteak mushroom, an alternate name for the false morel
- A celebratory dinner, commonly held in New York between about 1870 and 1940, stag until the 1920s, involving the consumption of enormous quantities of broiled steak and beer. Participants were permitted to eat with only their fingers. Other dishes served as appetizers at beefsteaks included hamburgers, lamb chops, kidneys and, occasionally, baked potatoes.
beefsteak in German: Beefsteak
beefsteak in Danish: Beefsteak
London broil, Salisbury steak, T-bone steak, bifteck, chopped steak, club steak, cubed steak, fillet steak, flank steak, ground beef, ground chuck, ground round, hamburg, hamburg steak, hamburger, porterhouse steak, rib steak, round steak, rump steak, shell steak, sirloin steak, steak, tenderloin steak